[Magdalen] Slight correction - Re: Medical update.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 30 17:56:58 UTC 2016

I actually left out a very important part of the story.  When I referred to the vasculitis healing, I meant specifically the ulcers on my shins and feet, NOT the overall disease itself.  It's still there, inflaming one vein after another (the "nodules" I've mentioned) but (and here's the good part) generally not behaving like it's being ignored and hence poised to bring me down like a year ago.  They tend to come, and supposedly go, over time.  Don't get me wrong; this is a great situation.  My not needing to keep CVS in business with bandaging supplies is a GOOD THING.  But the pain (in my feet) remains, and is in many respects worse, because they no longer have the snug support of the bandaging.  And since the nodules have decided they love my toes, ... oh, my poor aching toes.  (Docs know, and like most of it, are just monitoring.)  So, if there's something to be glad about the ongoing vasculitis woe, it's that I don't so much have outright pain anymore, but persistent aching, which in a way, is better.  Ibuprofen tends to help, as always, and since my flesh is less compromised than before, direct application of ice packs no longer hurts, and oh the joy of feeling it go numb for a GOOD reason for a change, is nearly delightful.

Thanks for listening.