[Magdalen] Railroads

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 31 01:00:19 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/30/2016 5:00:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

used to  take the train to LaCrosse to see him,  >>>>>>>>

The tracks of the Burlington Zephyr as it came into LaCrosse were  in
the golf course of the LaCrosse Country Club.  It was an unusual
entry into the city.

I did a locum tenens for a private dermatologist in LaCrosse on
several occasions.  His family home, where I stayed was  overlooking
the golf course.  When the train arrived, I just walked a couple  hundred
feet to his (empty) home.  I used his vehicle to get to the  office.  It was
all rather easy.  The pay was a lot better than the rather paltry  resident
salary of the time.

David Strang.