[Magdalen] A good day

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Wed Nov 2 21:57:14 UTC 2016

Today was warming, sunny, and full of fall brilliance. Sons Ross and John and my lovely daughter-in-law Sabra came over, and my friend Majella brought a boss leaf blower.  Majella and Sabra were throwing leaf showers at each other within a minute or so as the guys argued amiably over who got the leaf blower first.  John, however, got the machete all to himself for cutting back the hostas.

The front yard leaves are neatly paper-bagged and out front.  The back yard leaves have been carried out to the back lilac rack for compost and winter habitat for small critters. Hostas cut back.  I don't think I've seen the yard this tidy.

Majella and the kids took to each other, which is wonderful, as they're my core support group.

Pre-surgical work-up on Friday.  Still no date for surgery, but I'm okay with that.

I got to wade through knee-deep leaf piles, one of life's great pleasures.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain