[Magdalen] Prayers for tomorrow, please

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 02:40:51 UTC 2016

Our sheriff is sponsoring an all-day anti-Muslim seminar that will be held at the local branch of the community college. In spite of objections from citizens and a request from a national Muslim organization that he cancel it, he insists that it will go on. The college has issued statements from the president, the student government and the Faculty Senate stating that this event in no way reflects the philosophy of the college.  The Charlottesville  paper had a front page story yesterday about the event that gave the backgrounds of the two speakers, neither of whom are Muslim. They are known to the Southern Poverty Law Center as having ties to hate groups. The title was changed from "The Muslim Threat to America" to "The Jihad Threat..."
Sometimes this place makes me crazy! It's Greene County, VA.

There are some issues around election day, as well, but I'll save those for Monday...
Grace

"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."
St. Teresa of Calcutta