[Magdalen] Prayers for tomorrow, please

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:50:29 UTC 2016

We just got back from a trip to visit Jordan and Israel, and felt
completely safe the whole time, for what it's worth.

On the penultimate day of our trip, our guide took us to Bethlehem in
Palestine. There we were met by a Palestinian guide to visit the Church of
the Nativity.  Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for the Church, we did
not really see a lot of the Church because a huge amount of it is
undergoing repair.  There was a wedding going on in the church while we
were there. Our guide announced, with a broad grin, that a couple of years
ago, he had been married there. "I am Orthodox and my wife is Catholic and
the marriage works." That made the visit a lot more personal and meaningful.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
   ‘May they prosper who love you.
   -- from Psalm 122

https://youtu.be/N2FBBb14em8?t=4m44s