[Magdalen] the day after....

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 10 15:34:25 UTC 2016

On 10/11/2016 14:38, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Yes...is the projection that it will be by 2020? I heard someone say the other day that at some point there will be no majority here. An interesting idea...

It was reported a few years back that Leicester, England is a majority
minority city. That sounds oxymoronic but the truth is that most people
there are in one ethnic minority or another - they are not of British
descent. More locally I see it in some of the schools I have to deal
with that have a wide variety of ethnicities represented and mother
tongues spoken.

We are perhaps seeing something similar in politics in various
countries. There is a protest against the status quo but no agreement as
to what is the right way forward. This can result in a protest vote, be
it Brexit or Trump, but no clear and agreed policy position by those
wanting change. Such a situation has great dangers so we must pray for
cool heads and sufficient effective checks to prevent the worst
suggestions being implemented.

Roger