[Magdalen] Next Steps

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:01:56 UTC 2016

In fall of 1948, I became a freshman at JHU, attended a number of beer parties for Henry Wallace, joined the United World Federalists and began calling myself a liberal.

I ran out of money in 1951 and enlisted in the US Army to get the GI Bill. I'm glad I did and nothing in US politics will ever change that.

I've been a Democrat since 1952, was active in the Civil Rights movement in the 1960's and have opposed war from Vietnam through the present.

I don't see anything in Michael Moore's positions, or the notion that the Democrats are too neoliberal, that merits a purge of Kate Conant, either voluntarily or involuntarily, from the Democratic Party.

I'm the child of working class immigrants and understand the rage of laid off and dispossessed working and middle class people. They gave up on the "system", but how is that any different than the 1970's?

Trump said a lot of nasty things but now seems to be running backward on some of them. Hillary and Obama have both said gracious things, as has Trump himself.