[Magdalen] Veterans Day (US)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 12 00:10:37 UTC 2016

On 11/11/2016 19:43, Sibyl Smirl wrote:

> "The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month."
>
> I hate this trend of making a specific-date holiday a Three Day
> Weekend!  Luckily, this year it falls on Friday, so "They" The
> Almighty allowed it to be right.

I drobe past my former church and noticed a big banner strung along the
railings so I stopped to read it. It announced a three day celebration
this weekend, marking their Feast of Title (though that was not said)
It is interesting marking your Patronal Festival and Remembrance Sunday
at the same time.

Roger, who thinks from what I have seen that they have made a good
appointment as my successor - bringing gifts I do not have.