[Magdalen] NPR now

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 16:08:17 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/15/2016 9:28:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

On  Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com>
wrote:
> CKLW!! I remember it well hottest 'rock and roll' station in  'Detroit
area'
> during the '60s and  '70s.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1960 was the year for the changeover at UW-Madison, from the jazz
era to rock and roll.  For the homecoming program in the old UW
Fieldhouse we had Vaughn ("Racing with the Moon") Monroe and his
band in 1959, and some sort of heavy rock group in 1960.  It was
a tremendous shock.  I often attended the homecoming shows until
that fateful day in 1960.  Not thereafter!

I had the same feeling once again when the Philadelphia 24 hour
commercial classical music station changed one midnight to
all rock. Quelle horreur!

David S.