[Magdalen] the first monochromatic day

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:48:10 UTC 2016

We haven't had a frost yet, but the dark November days have begun.
We need the rain, though.

These are the days when the warm tones of our many brick buildings help
with the general gloom. Concrete is the devil's invention, I think. Like
most of the devil's inventions: useful, cheap, ugly and easy to sell.

Drove up along the Charles the other day. Blue sky, blue water, and I don't
think I've ever seen the oaks so beautiful, red, yellow, and mahogany
reflected in the river, brave contrast against the sky. No blue today,
though. Gray and dismal. Fits my general mood.
-M