[Magdalen] the first monochromatic day

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 20:18:03 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/16/2016 11:11:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I  remember the Virginia born-and-bred gf realizing that snow in the woods
hid  the winter  ugliness.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually, I find the snowless, bare-tree landscape of winter quite
beautiful.  For those of us who are really into trees, the bare,  winter
woods are much easier to "read" than during the jungle of summer.
It's an especially good time to appreciate the evergreens, whether
conifer (such as pines) or angiosperms (such as our native
rhododendrons and mountain laurels).

One time, though, when I thought snow did cover up ugliness was
on my only visit to Berlin, both East and West during the Cold War
in the 1960's.  The damage from WW-2 was very obvious then, still
and the snow did cover a lot of it up.

David S.