[Magdalen] Music question

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:31:13 UTC 2016

You say oo and I say ooh -- I'd think proo would rhyme with look or book.
While ooh rhymes with "Two".

I got that it is an ooh sound (which is not an "O" sound). I was just
teasing about the triple U -- as in is that just Ooh, or is it Ooh, ooh,
ooh.

Prooh  as in Winnie the Prooh.

or, one might just say, the L and X or silent. That really covers the
matter, I think.  I had no idea til this thread appeared, but I never had
any need to pronounce, so no problem.  Sort of like scion ...

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Molly Wolf <lupa at kos.net> wrote:

> Vous ne savez pas la langue de la Nouvelle France.  C'est "proo," comme le
> son de la vache (en anglaise): "moo."

​That's easy for you to say!​