[Magdalen] Arrival

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 02:48:09 UTC 2016

We saw this movie today on the strength of some very good reviews. It was
pretty amazing and very well done and I think I'm going to be processing it
for some time to come. One thing it did was make me wish I'd stuck with my
linguistics major in college; as linguistics was really a, if not *the*
major focus of much of the film. Amy Adams, in the lead role, reminded me
incredibly of my late cousin Judy, who died about 12 years ago and to whom
I was very close (we were a year and 2 days apart and our dads were
brothers).

Has anyone else seen this movie?