[Magdalen] Music question

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sun Nov 20 21:29:01 UTC 2016

On 11/20/16 8:18 AM, Scott Knitter wrote:
> No, it's the 1996 agreement on spelling simplification:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_orthography_reform_of_1996
>
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
> <magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
>>
>> couldn't  do so now without a thorough grounding in the new
>>>   orthography>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>

>> I'm guessing (maybe only partially?) that you mean the switch from
>> the medieval Fraktur script to modern Latin based characters.

I don't know now which friend it was, whether the war-bride of an
American veteran friend, or a cousin-in-law who fits the same category,
but both were young schoolgirls during WWII.  One of them told the story
of how shattered she was after working very hard to learn her
penmanship, when they changed things, and it would no longer be useful
in her writing.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net