[Magdalen] Thank you for the responses...

sheila ketler ketbears at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 21:50:41 UTC 2016

Hi there everyoneThanks to all who responded to my question : re bench fees funerals. I did receive a response back from the priest and we spoke back and forth and she decided that yes I am entitled to a bench fee which willcome out of the fees the family pays to the church for the funeral. Wardens have been advisedit will be added to my reqular cheque. Now I was ill last Sunday and that was also under discussion butit has been decided that as I have only ever taken one day off because of illness they will pay me... fullmonth salary..I notice that sometimes email from Magdalen is ending up in my spam mailbox and not my regular inboxso I had to go into spam to read replies. Next job my contract is going to specify right of first refusalthis contract did not state that... Only four weeks to go until Christmas Eve and then I am done.I have decided that for the last two services I will do instrumental music during the communion for tworeasons. First of all no one actually sings and there is no choir and I have to play the same hymn overand over again tedious!! Secondly those who really love to hear me play can have the opportunityto hear me one more time the chances of us ever crossing paths again are slim to nonexistent!!
Thanks again.. and I realized that I had to speak up for myself who else would do so??
Sheila