[Magdalen] A kitchen drawer discovery.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Fri Nov 25 00:23:26 UTC 2016

On 11/24/16 5:28 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> I've got a drawer of "dish rags" my mom gave me when I moved into this apartment lo 11+ years ago.  Never use them.  I knew at least one of them was historic, so to speak, because one can still see the words "The Choice of Horsemen ... Chino Grain and Milling Company".  But today I needed something soft to clean some records with, and noted that many of them were the same basic rectangular shape.  And one of them had a specific brand name in the corner.  "Oh my God," thinks I.  A very little Googling proved what I'd surmised.  I have in that kitchen drawer nothing less than several of my very own diapers.  "Curity" was the word.

MEN!!

You never wash dishes?

Cloth diapers make the very best dish rags and towels.  For the
squeamish, or those who don't have children, you can buy them brand new,
never used,  but even the used ones are as sterile as surgical gauze if
you boil them long enough. They're probably getting scarce now, with
disposables taking over.  Those are not particularly useful as dishtowels.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net