[Magdalen] anniversary, sort of

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:00:49 UTC 2016

I may have mentioned this already,
but since the election I've been spending alot of time talking with younger
women online.
Gals in their twenties and even thirties today have experienced very little
homophobia.
And they're horrified. Some are frightened.
We elders have time to counsel and teach and encourage.

Last week a friend called in tears. Old enough to remember the war
(although his parents protected him from the horrors of the worst news of
the Holocaust), he was weeping with worry for his six grandchildren. A
rabbi in Rhode Island has reported several incidences of harrassment. Are
the brownshirts at the gates?

BTW I found Joan Chittister's column in ncronline very helpful.
-M