[Magdalen] Bishops' choices of funeral hymns

Ian Gomersall ian.gomersall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 21:08:09 UTC 2016

This post on our church blog

https://stchrysostoms.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/bishops-choices-of-funeral-hymns/

is about Church of England bishops' choice of funeral hymns. It's led to
some interest.

I was interested that a TEC priest said she'd never hear any of the hymns
mentioned! That seemed to me extraoridinary - but maybe the pond difference
is bigger than I thought!

Anyone any comments?

I did wonder if in TEC certain hymns were more popular in certian parts of
the states / dioceses..
This could explain why one TEC person told me 'The Strife is O'er' is
popualr at Epsicopal funerals, yet this preists has never heard of it.

Best wishes for Advent

Ian

*Ian Gomersall*