[Magdalen] Two questions for the assembled multitude

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:19:30 UTC 2016

I love this line:  But thou art the same Lord, whose property is
always to have mercy.  Our God is just that kind of God.

The one I really love is this alternative given in the New Zealand prayer book:

Most merciful Lord,
your love compels us to come in.
Our hands were unclean,
our hearts were unprepared;
we were not fit
even to eat the crumbs from under your table.
But you, Lord, are the God of our salvation,
and share your bread with sinners.
So cleanse and feed us
with the precious body and blood of your Son,
that he may live in us and we in him;
and that we, with the whole company of Christ,
may sit and eat in your kingdom.
Amen.

--
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the