[Magdalen] Two questions for the assembled multitude

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Nov 28 21:27:34 UTC 2016

On 11/28/16 2:48 PM, Marion Thompson wrote:
> Well there you go.  I love it.  Thanks for filling me in.  Always
> learning....
>
> Marion, a pilgrim

>> chalice and broken host are elevated following Agnus Dei: 'Behold the
>> lamb of God; behold him who takes away the sin of the world.  Happy are
>> they who are called to the supper of the Lamb' and our response 'Lord, I
>> am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be
>> healed."<<<
>>
>> As far as the wording goes, straight out of the Tridentine Mass.

I used to have a priest Spiritual Director (raised in the RCC, Altar
Boy) who would use the form, almost as an undertone to himself,  just
the part "Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof, but
speak the word only, and my soul shall be healed", as he Received
himself.  I wouldn't have heard it if I were in the congregation, but
even then I could see his lips move, and could hear it if I were in
choir or assisting in the Altar Party.  I think I used to know more of
the liturgical technicalities, but that's gone.  Of course, it's a (at
least almost) KJV line from the Roman Centurion who wanted his sick boy
healed.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net