[Magdalen] Prayers desperately needed--Tennessee wildfires

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:06:41 UTC 2016

There is a serious wildfire burning in Sevier County, Tennessee, near
Gatlinburg. Most of our US sibs will have heard of that place. They are
evacuating Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and much of the area near Sevierville.
Traffic is wall-to-wall and the smoke is awful.

I have friends in the area. Steve lost his home to a roof fire 3 years ago.
Now the wildfire is headed his way. He has evacuated and called his brother
to say that he's out but had to put a wet cloth over his nose and mouth to
breathe. Also my son-in-law has been working in the area recently, but he
marked himself "safe" on Facebook, so I assume he's out. Another friend,
living in Blount County near the Sevier County line, says she can see the
glow from the fire. They are passing word that a man in that area needs
help but can't get out due to traffic.

It has rained off and on but not enough, and has been very windy, which
makes the fires worse. Please pray!