[Magdalen] LMA

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:29:27 UTC 2016

Happy 184th birthday to the author of _Little Women_

A favorite book of my wife.  When she was very young, she was ill for a
time, and her mother would bring things into her bedroom to show her. She
was working on a quilt based on the book, and we now have that quilt.  It
is based on patterns, but Helen was a highly skilled needleworker, and she
added all sorts of wonderful extra details (lace curtains on the windows, a
tiny Bible with the word Bible on it in stitches you have to use a
magnifying glass to make out).

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford