[Magdalen] Come Again Another Day?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 04:05:15 UTC 2016

I notice in my hometown weekly (NW Wisconsin) that they have had
abundant rainfall all summer long and without the usual dry patch for
the month of July.  The average annual rainfall there is 32", but  they
have already had over 50" with three months to go this year.

There has been a bumper crop of corn with the heat and the water, and
now the farmers are complaining that the prices for this corn crop  are
too low.  The farmers up there are always complaining about  something.

Because the rivers there seem to have carved out for themselves
sharp valleys, there has been little flooding despite some 6" - 9"  gully
washers.

30 and more years ago the upper Great Lakes were at their lowest
level in recorded history, and they have rebounded the other way.
There has been some problem with the numerous small lakes overlapping
piers, and shore erosion.

OTOH here in the Poconos it has been slightly on the dry side, and  despite
some steady soft rains this week leaving 2.1" rain in the gauge, we are
still
about an inch below average (I hate that word, "normal" for such
statistics).

And now, long range unsubstantiated predictions of a cold winter with
lots of snow.

David S.