[Magdalen] Another "worthless" food.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 12:32:31 UTC 2016

Sibyl is right.  There is no chemical solution for black walnut toxicity
caused by juglone.  The best solution is avoidance and separation.  Some
plants may thrive in proximity, e.g., Kentucky blue grass, lilacs, day
lilies, some tolerate and some, as we know, like tomatoes and roses are
adversely affected.  I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars I
invested in a 25 yr long quest for at least survivors.  The black walnut
appears to perfected a way to minimize competion.

Marion, a pilgrim