[Magdalen] AP reports...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 3 21:08:25 UTC 2016

On 03/10/2016 21:56, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> I'm not sure I even understand this sentence!
>
>> On Oct 3, 2016, at 3:26 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>> "A federal appeals court has upheld a lower court's order blocking Indiana Gov. Mike Pence from barring state agencies from helping Syrian refugees resettle in the state."

Pence wants to stop Syrian refugees from getting any help from state
agencies to resettle in Indiana.  He has been told by both the court
that first heard the case and the federal appeal court that he could not
do that.  Theoretically he could appeal to the Supreme Court but he
would be wasting his time and the state's money as the best he could
hope for would be a 4-4 tie which left the appeal court's order in place.

Roger