[Magdalen] I have really low testosterone!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:08:04 UTC 2016

Any advice on whether this is worth treating? Is this TMI?

My therapist suggested I ask my doctor about having my testosterone
level tested and shared with me the many problems such low levels can
cause, including a couple of things we've talked about in sessions.

My labwork on that came back today, and it's very low. My doctor sent
me a secure email asking whether I was interested in testosterone
replacement (regular injections and supporting meds every three days
for six weeks, which boosts the level successively higher each time
until it's where we want it to be).

Of course, this can produce side effects and costs money. It hasn't
been an actual problem until now; sort of something I didn't think I
needed or wanted. There are good reasons to do it and not to do it.

Anywho...I'm leaning toward letting it ride until money and healthcare
benefits are better (we've entered the "donut hole" where we pay down
the deductible). Things are tight, budgetwise, right now.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA