[Magdalen] odd email

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:55:47 UTC 2016

I have a small, tangentially related peeve.  I hate it when folks use "The Lord be with you" as a call to order for a meeting or other gathering and then just proceed with the business of the occasion.
I remember once in seminary when I was chairing a meeting that hadn't started yet. Another student declaimed the sentence, everyone immediately quieted down and looked at me. I continued looking at the one student who was eyeing me quizzically. Finally I said, "Well...?"  No response. So I said, "well you called us to pray--will you please offer the prayer?"  He did...