[Magdalen] SC update to Hurricane Matthew

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 21:18:39 UTC 2016

Hellooooo.  The storm is coming to Summerville.  We will have hurricane
force winds and 11 or more inches of rain.  The outer bands of the storm
will get here in 2 or so hours.  Worst of storm will be around 2 AM through
8 AM tomorrow morning.  We are under a tornado watch.

We are as ready as we can be.  John moved furniture, etc. off our porches
this morning.  I have done all the laundry, cooked everything in the
fridge, located all the old Advent candles, filled the bathtub with water
for flushing, filled the water jugs with water for drinking.  I took photos
of our house and yard.  I found an old battery operated radio and replaced
the batteries.  ETC.

This is all necessary busywork.  We are all a bit antsy with the wait....I
spoke to a friend this afternoon who was about to polish her silver just to
stay busy.

Anyway, if we lose lights and wifi and cell towers are knocked down, I
won't be able to communicate.  So, assume that all is well because it will
be.

The loss of life in Haiti is mind boggling.  Pray for all who have lost
their lives and been devastated by Matthew.

Blessings and love,
Ginga