[Magdalen] Spanish Royaly.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 7 23:59:14 UTC 2016

On 07/10/2016 16:09, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> Seeing the tabulation of the rulers of the multiple sections that make  up
> modern Spain, I am bewildered by the complexity of the royal family
> tree which I think surpasses that of England.  US history is a breeze
> by comparison.  The Bourbons and the Hapsburgs are in the mix,  too.

This complexity is due to the thinking that those in libe to the throne
needed to marry someone whowas also of "royal blood" rather than a
commoner. This led to the inter-relatedness of the European Royal
Families, the Heads of State of Britain, Germany and Russia at the
outbreak of the First World War. King George V (of the UK) was first
cousing with both Kaiser Wilhelm II and Tsar Nicholas II, who were third
cousins to each other.

Roger