[Magdalen] Spanish Royaly.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 03:13:57 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/7/2016 10:15:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Siblings  - Have you ever read the book Nicholas And Alexandria? Probably
50 years old  now but great  account!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The book came out in 1968 when I was a US Army officer living in
Germany.  It was a must read, if nothing else than to show where  our
Cold War antagonists were coming from.

1968 was the year when the "Czech Spring" was brutally put down
with Russian tanks rolling around in the streets of Prague.  The  US
Military began to make arrangements for all families and non-service
personnel to return to the US because they expected Russian tanks
to appear in the Fulda Gap momentarily.  It was scary.

The local Russian Orthodox revere Nicholas, and I've been in more  than
one such home where I've observed a votive candle burning before a
framed portrait of this Czar.

David S.