[Magdalen] Prayer request --Marion, Nurse Jay, Dr David

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sat Oct 8 17:53:49 UTC 2016

Prayers continue,

but I just thought of something that might be critically relevant, or
might just worry you more, but thought that I should pass it on, since I
remember it.  When I was in my thirties, just after my divorce and my
parents' death, I was "suicidal thoughts" depressed (have always been a
bit of a Depressive, secondary to (what I didn't know then was) my
Asperger's)  I hadn't been wanting to try the "modern" anti-depressants,
having heard the bad things as well as the good things, but at that
point I was desperate, so I tried one called Tofranil.  I got a
heart-irregularity side effect from it, and I was in bad enough shape
already that lying in bed at night and listening to my heart do crazy
rhythms was really scary, so I stopped it on my own recognizance almost
immediately.  (It may have _saved_ my life, actually, because it did cut
off the lowest points, even before I noticed the irregularity.)  But the
irregular heartbeat went away as soon as I quit it.  Skipping forward to
maybe ten years ago, the Psychiatrist at the Mental Health Center
suggested that I might want to try a chemically-closely-related
antidepressant, and when I told him about my experience with the
Tofranil, he fully agreed with me that I shouldn't touch the newer
version.  He pointed out that the side-effect that I survived in my
thirties might kill me with the first pill in my sixties.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net