[Magdalen] Church closures...

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 22:09:52 UTC 2016

As you note, meetings with the Bishop's office through the Futures
Committee and your corporation have gone on behind the scenes for some
time, meetings that brought the parish to the point of having those two
vestry meetings.  Certainly none of it is your fault.

I'm aafraid yours will not be the last to close, either.  My former
parish, St. Simon-the-Apostle, in Toronto has just absorbed a
now-closing St. Peter's Carlton St.  Being a church organist is not a
growth market.  Churches are fading and their revenues are dropping and
they are not sustainable.  A hard and sad truth.  I wish that there
could be someone somewhere who could meet with you and try to ease your
pain.

Marion, a pilgrim