[Magdalen] Bum ankle

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 00:03:46 UTC 2016

Yes, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Now that I know I have a touch of arthritis in the ankle, I know where I
stand (or limp). I'm going in to my PT and ask if they recommend any change
in the exercises they gave me, in light of the ankle being arthritic, and I
continue to build up my strength.

This ankle has been bothering me for a long time. It was one reason I
decided to stop singing in the excellent small choir I've been in for over
a decade, and I've been thinking of dropping out of the local municipal
choir as well.  Since music is my heart and soul, those are wrenching
decisions, and I tend toward depression anyway.

Since I broke my back about thirty years ago, I have been dreading the
onset of arthritis in my back. Hey, Lord. Thanks very much for your grace.
I'll definitely take the bum ankle.  I know what it's like to have
continual pain in the back, and the ankle is much, much better.

I've had some nasty experiences in my life, and every single time, I found
that I could turn around and see half a dozen people who were waaay worse
off than me.  Considering the typical trajectory of a male with ADHD, I've
led a charmed life indeed.  Where the Army may well have destroyed me, it
instead gave me a place to grow up and find myself a little bit.  I'm still
waiting to decide what I want to be when I grow up, but all told, not a bad
run.  I hope there's more to go in the old geezer.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford