[Magdalen] Prayer Request--R.I.P. Vaughn Leslie

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:41:57 UTC 2016

I got a Facebook message from Peggy Blanchard Hunt+, sometime of this list,
last night, telling me that Vaughn Leslie, one of the moving spirits of St.
Barnabas, Jefferson City, TN (which I helped found and where I hung my hat
for a number of years) had died suddenly. He was found by one of his sons
when the son returned home. Your prayers are requested for his repose, and
for his family.

Vaughn and maybe one or two other people were the money behind the purchase
of the house that became St. Barnabas' home base. He was a large, friendly
guy, one of those people it was pretty hard not to like. I don't know what
he did for a living but he made money. He also, in off hours, had a band
called Boys' Night Out that played music of the 60s and 70s, so you can
figure out about how old he was. He will be very much missed. He is
survived by his wife Margaret (she is quite a big wheel in her own right in
the Healing Touch movement) and two sons, Barrett and Matthew.