[Magdalen] Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 03:58:00 UTC 2016

I emerged from a shower to hear the ominous racket of a chain saw
in my front yard area.

To my horror, my 80' Dawn Redwood (Metaequoia glyptostroboides)
had been severely trimmed by agents of the PPL local power company.
I didn't have a chance to modify any of their destructive ways befoe
it was a done deal.

True, it could have been worse because there are other trees they  could
claim as a threat to the power lines  In any case it was a fait  accompli.

The ironic fact is that both significant power outages in this  development
in the past ten years were secondary to the same power company
agents (Asplundh) accidentally cutting the power lines.  None of  the
"problem" trees they are cutting or removing were responsible for
power outages.

I remember my father's extreme agitation at discovering that the
local Northwestern Wisconsin Power Company had removed a dozen
of his prize Eastern White Pines (Pinus strobus) as a threat to the
power lines.  He had nurtured them from seed to about 30'.

David S.