[Magdalen] DT reads

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Thu Oct 20 15:50:05 UTC 2016

Mike,

At one time I might have agreed with you, but I have come to the point
where I realize that there are things that are more important than being
that informed. I set it to record on the DVR, but I don't have any
intention of actually watching it. It is more there as insurance in case
there were something significant that happened and I wanted to go back
and watch it myself rather than trusting the media's interpretation of
the event.

In this campaign particularly, I don't think there was anything left to
learn after months (maybe it only feels like years) of campaigning and
wall-to-wall media coverage and two major party conventions and two
previous presidential debates and the vice presidential debate. The
debate may be important for those who haven't yet made up their minds or
paid attention yet. It may be important for what it means for the rest
of the campaign. It may even be important for the result on election
day. But I don't think anything about the debate was important enough
for any reasonably-informed voter (or non-voter, in my case) to drop
everything and devote 90 minutes to watching it live.

Besides, it was past my bedtime.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins