[Magdalen] Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 22:24:04 UTC 2016

I am serious. Up in the loft where I was, the walnuts hit the roof with the
sound of small bombs. If one happens to hit a skylight just right, it
almost sounds like a shotgun blast. The first time it happened when I was
up there I went tearing down the ladder and into the house as fast as I
could. S/O had to reassure me that "It's only walnuts, love." They still
unnerve me.