[Magdalen] Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 02:11:38 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/20/2016 6:24:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I am  serious. Up in the loft where I was, the walnuts hit the roof with
the
sound of small bombs. If one happens to hit a skylight just right,  it
almost sounds like a shotgun blast. The first time it happened when I  was
up there I went tearing down the ladder and into the house as fast as  I
could. S/O had to reassure me that "It's only walnuts, love." They  still

It's a big year for acorns in Pennsylvania, too.  The White Oaks  have
smallish acorns, but when they drop 80' or more, they have the  potential
for damage.

I do have two sets of double Northern Red Oaks in my yard, too.   They
are much bigger, taller trees, and have acorns twice the size of the
whites.
We can't park anywhere near them this time of the year.

David S.