[Magdalen] 'Re: Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 15:27:14 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/21/2016 10:57:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

It  was new to me when I moved to Texas from Michigan almost 30 years ago
(can it  be?!!)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I inherited "volunteer" for unwanted plants, really weeds, from my
ex-mother-
in-law who was a serious gardener.  My father, who was also a  serious
gardener, never used the term.  Both persons were born and raised in
Minnesota.

My mother-in-law's taste in the garden was almost infallible, but there  was
that time when she dutifully planted a bearded iris garden for us,  with
the information that these were bulbs (rhizomes?) from various  gardens
in Saint Paul, MN.

The second year, when they first bloomed, there were 99 identical  purple
irises and one gold iris.

David S.