[Magdalen] Closures...

sheila ketler ketbears at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 16:10:55 UTC 2016

I am working through the closure process and the church won't stand in the way of my beinghired elsewhere. There are two jobs available locally one Anglican one Presbyterian and thenthere is another job in Wellington County which of course is too far away for me to think about it.It is near Elora... a good two hours drive away from here.Today I went to practice and I walked around the church looking at all the memorials. Notingthat these special things were given to the Glory of God and in memory of loved ones. Whatwill happen to these precious things? Pretty sad when you think about it that after 155 yearsor so of active ministry we are being reduced to things being sold off to raise money or to begiven to a parish who has no interest in our past. The priests are guaranteed jobs and I wonderedwhat would happen if the priest goes  elsewhere and the parish does not like them or take tothem? Then what? The priest we had had two instances of a group of people who didn't like hershowing up at a Vestry and trying to get a vote to  oust her. This went on twice but neithertime did they succeed. Hate to say this but if we had succeeded would we be in a positionwhere we could stay open? I will always wonder this... but too late now we are doomed.It's like being on board the Titanic and playing Nearer My God to Thee (can't  stand that hymn..)and we are going down down slowly down and I am falling into a black hole of despair...
Prayers needed....
Sheila