[Magdalen] Annual All Saints Rant.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 16:19:39 UTC 2016

It's that time again for my annual rant about the Anglican (and  numerous
other denominations) tendency to blur (?confuse) the two observances,
All Saints Day (Nov 1) and All Souls Day (Nov 2).

All Saints Day is historically for the great saints, known and  unknown
throughout the ages.

All Souls Day is to honor and remember the wonderful faithful who  have
had Christly lives, and have made our lives much richer.

If such liturgical events such as a reading of the dead with tolling of  the
tower bell for a parish (like the local Procathedral custom) are
contemplated, it seems appropriate to bill that Liturgy as a  combination
of the two specific Liturgies.

So you can have your cake and eat it too.

David S.