[Magdalen] Retirement Notice

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 00:18:28 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/24/2016 4:00:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

+Keith  Whitmore, Assistant Bishop of Atlanta, has announced his
retirement.  He  and Susie will be returning to Wisconsin where they both call
home.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I suspect home is somewhere within the Dioceses of Fond du Lac, or
Milwaukee, and not the Diocese of Eau Claire.

I don't think all in the Eau Claire Diocese were happy or prepared for  his
fairly abrupt departure to be Assistant Bishop of Atlanta.  Eau  Claire
got through a hard patch following his departure, including a vote to
rejoin Fond du Lac (turned down by the clergy of Fond du Lac).   True,
the salary package was very rough for little Eau Claire to handle,  and
now they have services of a half-time Bishop.  I can see that  +Whilmore
felt he needed to go to get Eau Claire away from this burden, but I
know that all were not happy at his departure.

I wish him and Susie the best in their well deserved retirement.

David S.