[Magdalen] All souls/All Saints...

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 00:39:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:02 PM, James Handsfield <jhandsfield at att.net>
wrote:

> Not First Call?  First Call is recognized by most people as the call that
> announces the horse race is soon to begin.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> First_call <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_call>
>

> > I'm no musician but I think in the UK it's Last Post followed by
> Reveille.
>
> ​In 1977, the band I was accompanying​

​(33rd Army Band, the USAREUR headquarters band) to the Nato band Fest​ in
Mons, Belgium was asked to play a memorial in Roulx for the last soldier
killed in WWI,  a Canadian. We were only asked to do the Last Post, and I
helped with the wreath. I think I have heard of the custom of Reveille
after Last Post, but am not familiar with the use in this case. Don't even
know if their Reveille is the same as the one we use.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted