[Magdalen] Iraq's "ignoble experiment"?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 02:08:24 UTC 2016

Once upon a time, New Hampshire orchard owners hired local youths at
harvest time.

Robert Frost wrote a poem about it   :-)

As time went on and the economy changed, there was a period when my male
schoolmates worked alongside Jamaicans, who'd been hired and brought in for
the season. These guys were Rastafarians and my friends regarded their
GINORMOUS rolled cigars of, um, reefer as miraculous appearances. They
claimed it was part of their religion and I didn't hear anybody argue. But
it was still against the law.
-M