[Magdalen] Horticulture.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 23:25:47 UTC 2016

We have Osage Oranges in our neighborhood here in the Shenandoah, and they
are hardy as hell here (6b? although this summer was a 7 for sure!). One of
my co-artists at the gallery makes a lovely dye from the bark. They do have
a nasty thorn though.

We have seen a rare Cedar Waxwing at our feeder. It was either on migration
or dreadfully off course. My friend Cathy's son once shot one in Tennessee.
He did not intend to and in fact was shooting at a squirrel and missed. He
felt dreadful because it was so pretty.