[Magdalen] Creeping Big Players.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:49:05 UTC 2016

Here it's Sentara that's creeping around Virginia. It's grabbed Rockingham
Memorial in Harrisonburg and Augusta Health in Fishersville and IIRC Martha
Jefferson in Charlottesville. Valley Health owns Winchester and points
south to Harrisonburg. Carilion Health has Roanoke and some but not all of
the surrounding area down to Radford; it competes with Lewis Gale out of
Salem. In Richmond, HCA and Bon Secours fight over most of the territory,
with MCV (VCU) claiming the trauma center. It's happening everywhere.