[Magdalen] Update--was Prayers, Please

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:50:40 UTC 2016

I had an update from my d-in-l this morning.  Things are moving along and are at least as good as they could be right now. Josh needed four stitches, but they think the cut may have been caused by the cell phone he was holding when the air bag deployed--he was wearing his seat belt. It's a wonder that Sarah wasn't injured; Mary Kim said the left front of the car was basically destroyed.  She said Sarah rose to the occasion, called home right away, helped get the kids in the other car out of the back seat, had the other driver get out and direct traffic while she tended to Josh and even prayed with him at his request. There was so much blood, as there is with head wounds, that he asked Sarah if he was going to die...
She's still feeling very bad about the whole thing and a little shaky, but they insisted that she drive herself to work this morning in her sister's car so she wouldn't get into a pattern of being afraid to drive.  The insurance agent is due out this morning.

As far as the road is concerned, the curved portion has not been striped, just the straightaway on both ends. My hunch is that they couldn't get the truck through the other part--there's a sign at both ends of the road saying it's not safe for trucks!  My d-in-l said they almost always have to move a little toward the center going around that curve. She said VDOT really needs to take down part of the hill on the inside of the curve to provide more visibility--she suggested that to the trooper at the scene.
Thank you for your prayers.