[Magdalen] Philiowhy? - Re: Philiioque

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 16 17:12:18 UTC 2016

>>>If I had a negative comment on this otherwise wonderful essay, it  would
be that it is esoteric.  Unless there is a large majority of  highly
educated communicants, the article might well fly over the heads  of
the average person in the pews.

I'm reminded of a comment by the late Mason Martens, chant  consultant
for Hymnal '82.  He noted that musical and liturgical matters in  TEC were
"handled as though Episcopalians are sophisticated and  knowledgeable
about music and liturgy.  They aren't."<<<

Reminds me of those days of yore during my final foray into Episcopal parish life, when I wrote a series of articles for the parish newsletter about basic issues relating to Anglican doctrine and history.  Oh yeah:  that worked.  (Sarcasm intended.)