[Magdalen] TEST

Andre & Carol trevathans at comcast.net
Mon Sep 19 19:42:27 UTC 2016

Good Pubmates -- I have learned from your responses to my TEST message that I can send messages to Magdalen from my laptop perfectly well, but NOT from my iPad, which is what I normally use. It is the same email account, same server, and all my other email works from either one. If anyone knows why this might be so, I would appreciate answers. Following is a post I sent from my iPad early this morning (Monday) but it did not appear in the digest received at 3:30 p.m., the only one received so far today.

Halloo Hallay!! I am visible once more! You have no idea how many times I have tried to respond to posts over the past year, or almost two years. At some point I realized that not only was I not seeing my posts but there was never any indication that anyone else was seeing them either, even TEST messages. I tried every email address I could find looking for help, but got only automated UNSUBSCRIBE info. For months I have just not even tried, although I have continued to read everything, so I DO know what you all have been up to.

Yesterday I decided to try again to get some human help, and Brian Reid responded, and so, encouraged by actually being in touch with someone, I sent the TEST message you have all responded to. According to Brian it went through in the normal way, without his intervention. I am a DIGEST subscriber, so I had to wait till this morning for a digest to come through, due to light Sunday pub conversation, but there it was! So I remain mystified as to the reason.

UNLESS, the problem is with sending from my IPad. (I used my laptop for yesterday's test.) The test now is to see whether THIS one goes through, so let me know. If I don't see anything I will have to assume the iPad is the problem, although all my other mail behaves normally.

Carol T

Unless I can get some clue as to why the iPad messages do not arrive, I will just have to limit my pub correspondence to times I can use my laptop, which is old and iffy, unfortunately. Anyway, I am glad I am not entirely cut off.

Carol T