[Magdalen] Throwing a Cr*ppy Dinner Party

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 21 22:09:56 UTC 2016

On 21/09/2016 21:53, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> How often have we seen people agonizing over their preparations for their
> entertainment.

The supreme example of that is probably arranging a wedding.  I
sometimes ask someone I know is planning a wedding if they have ordered
the weather. The problem with trying to arrange "the perfect do" is that
something beyond their control will go wrong. The trick then is not to
break down but make something of it.  Perhaps the best example I have
seen of that is when the groom's car, and the other one sent to fetch
him, broke down on the way to the wedding. He arrived at the church in a
police car which had responded to the emergency. That surely led to some
memorable pictures, and probably some comments at the reception.

Roger